May 28, 2008
Robin Hamman took some time to interview some of the other speakers at the conference, including:
• Darko Buldioski from the New Media Centre in Skopje and one of the organisers of the conference. He blogs at http://komunikacii.net/
• Dragan Varagic, one of the leading bloggers in Serbia – he’s a consultant and university professor
• Zoran Ricliev, Online Editor of Utrinski Vesnik, a leading newspaper in Macedonia
• Vedran Obucina, a Political Scientist at the University of Zagreb, Croatia, and an expert on Political Blogs
The interviews were aired on BBC Radio 5 Live’s Pods and Blogs. It`s at the end of the show, Do have a listen, it’s interesting stuff.
Thank you Robin.
April 15, 2008
Just less than one month before the Conference, we are happy to share the final list of participants in the detailed programme for the forthcoming Glocal 2.0 Conference – Blogging: Evolution Treated as Revolution.
There was a larger interest of what we have expected, and therefore we have extended the initially planned two into three day conference. In total, there are five sessions at the Conference, and two parallel workshops at the end.
We hope that you will find interest and attend in all sessions.
Please download the programme as pdf (1.4 mb): Glocal 2.0 Blogiing: Evolution Treated as Revolution
January 19, 2008
We are happy to announce that we have three interesting and varied keynote speakers lined up for the upcoming Glocal 2.0 conference in Skopje, Macedonia.
– Senior Broadcast Journalist/Producer at the BBC where, amongst other things, he looks after the BBC Blogs. Robin is also a Non-Residential Fellow at Stanford’s Center for Internet and Society. He blogs about the collision of journalism, online community, blogging, citizen journalism and, sometimes, law. He will talk about Blogging and Social Media as tools of Production and as Content at the BBC
– Expert in the fields of Internet marketing, e-business, online PR and online sales. Present position: Teacher on the E-Business Course at the College, Belgrade, Program manager of the e-business postgraduate studies at IIM/EURO, Novi Sad, Free Lance Consultant and owner of Internet consulting firm P2 Internet. He will talk about Blog and Influence Metrics. The subject will be covered by the latest trends related to customer engagement and other parameters related to online influence measurement.
- Nenad Romic (AKA Marcell Mars)
Marcell is a member of mi2 media team, responsible for the overall media lab production. Marcell organizes public events for advocating open source issues. He initiated the egoboo.bits free content publishing project and curated mi2’s annual exhibition, organized several events for advocating open source issues through the LastTuesday program in club mama. He will talk about the parasitic behavior of capitalism towards counterculture and about the way google, yahoo, amazon and ebay assimilated the idea that information is not a necessity in private ownership.
November 26, 2007
We have the pleasure to announce the second (G)local conference organized by NYUS. The title of 2008 conference is:
Blogging: Evolution Treated as Revolution
We are distributing the official Call for papers these days, you can find all details here. In addition just the introduction part of it:
The majority of the content daily published on the world wide web is user generated, most of it posted on blogs or other social media platforms. The exact number of blogs is impossible to state at any given point due to the highly decentralized and dynamic character of the blogosphere. The evolution of the Internet is driven by that dynamic and decentralized nature of this new rhetorical opportunity that is becoming more available and easier to use. There is a growing need for sophisticated discussion of social media including blogs, blogging, blogosphere and social software in general.
The International Conference Glocal 2.0: Blogging: Evolution treated as Revolution invites researchers and practitioners (bloggers) for a discussion and analysis, as well as for sharing thoughts and experiences on the emerging networked society we live in. …Call for Papers
If you want us to distribute the official Call for Papers on some e-mail lists or if you have suggestions where we can announce the conference internationally, please leave comment or send e-mail to glocal2.0(at)nyus.edu.mk